cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Spying objects for PowerBuilder Application

NandakumarJadav
Level 4
Hi, When trying to spy the objects for an Power Builder application, we are observing some issues. Wanted to check if others are also finding any problems with BP and PowerBuilder. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi jsnkrao, I haven't personally used the PowerBuilder application but if you can give me some more information around what the problem is then I may be able to help. Thanks, Jimmy

VigneswariB
Level 2
Hi, We are trying to automate the application i.e built on PowerBuilder in BP. we are unable to spy the tables and tree views. For that we need to go for Surface automation which is not the reliable one. We have several process (PowerBuilder application) that needs to be automated in BP. can you please assist us on implementing the solutions in a better way?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
For powerbuilder what is possible is very much dependent on what version of powerbuilder is being used. The most recent versions of Powerbuilder have accessibility interfaces as part of the platform so Accessibility Mode should work for many elements (a google search suggests a Powerbuilder accessibility dll may be required for that to work). For older legacy versions of Powerbuilder it is likely that Surface Automation would be required. Reliable/robust Surface Automation interfaces can certainly be built if the best practices from the Surface Automation training are followed (I have been using SA for many years without issue) - if you are not sure how to build reliable SA interfaces revisit the training or engage with a consultant with more experience using that interface. It is worth noting that version 6 of Blue Prism has some major SA interface improvements that make it quicker to use and enforces robustness options often skipped such as color tolerence, tiny waits between navigations, waiting for images, etc