cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in reading a table into Collection

SiddharthAbiram
Level 3
Hi All,

Good day. I am trying to read a table from a web application as a Windows application using attach and detach. I am able to read the table into a collection successfully but the problem is the row values are repeated twice within each cell. Please find the screenshot below.

My Application Modeller: 
36870.png
My resulting Collection looks like this:
36871.png

I went with this option because
1. when I tried read table as a web application the operation is timed out
2. When I read the table then all the values come in a single column if I use the web element and 'Get Table' in Read action. 

Could you please provide me a solution to stop this text repeating twice error.
4 REPLIES 4

JoshnaDammala1
Level 2
Hi Siddhart,

Did you tried spying through other modes?

SiddharthAbiram
Level 3
Hi Joshna, Thanks for your message. Yes I have tried, it only works through the above spying mode.​

navinkamalapur
Level 2
Hi Siddharth,

If you have already attempted different spy modes and getting time out errors and other issues, then the best way would be start focusing on how to clear duplicate text say loop through all columns within which loop again through each cell and have an expression to delete text after space something like that or clean up any other unnecessary text that you do not want. You can add any additional logic within this loop itself to prepare data ready for processing in next steps.

Hi Sidharth,

Please don't use UIA mode for reading tables which is not stable. Try using browser or html mode. Some tables we may not able to read using get table or the way it gives output it may not be helpful. So you can use dynamic path concept and read row by row.

So what I am trying to say 1st read 1st row and all 3 columns and put them in a collection. Then increase the row and move to the next time row. It may look little lengthy but it's very easy to use and quicker also.

Feel free to connect if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Amlan Sahoo