cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with launching

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I have an issue in launching an application. When using the normal 'symbol' to launch, there are two windows appearing (two processes running in task manager): one is a Windows command processor, and one is a Startup module for the application. I have tried different methods to launch the application, but have not been able to make both of these windows appear. Do you have any suggestions for what I could do? I have tried using a "double" navigate stage and launch both of the exe. files, I have tried using the "CommandLineParams" and none of these things work. Either, BP can't find the file that I'm referring to, or it opens only one of the windows. I have also tried using "Send keys" to open the window menu and searching for the application & opening it that way: this works succesfully, but I am not sure if this really can be considered as an 'approved' approach? In addition, I need to be attached to somethign when sending keys, so for now I have attached to Blue Prism before sending the keys. Any input on this topic is welcome. Best regards Maria
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am assuming by symbol you are talking about Shortcuts. if that is the case you can use the bussines object called Utility -Environment and start process .remember to fill in inputs (Application and ARgument--> path to the location of shortcut)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just realized(from your name ) we were in the same meeting and this question came up over there 🙂 let me know if you need more instructions .

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, Thank you for your reply! I tried using your proposed approach, but I get an error saying 'Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The system cannot find the file specified"". To make sure that I understood it correctly: Under 'Application', I type the application name Under 'Arguments', I type the path to the location of the shortcut Is that correct? Best regards Maria

MariaKihlberg
Level 4
Hi, I managed to resolve the issue. Thank you very much for helping. Br Maria

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Maria, I have the same problem. how did you manage to resolve the issue? Hope that you can help. Br Paulina

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
the application input should contain the path (C:\app.exe) arrguments should be blank -Tom

RohitMittal
Level 2
Hi Tom, This is what i have used, but the application dont get launch.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom, It doesn't work. I've got the following message: Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: The system cannot find the file specified. I'd like to open Excel file, which exists on my desktop. Paulina

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
To clarify, this is using the 'Utility - Environment' BO and the 'Start Process' action. To open an Excel file I would use the 'MS Excel VBO' - Tom