cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Stage vs Repeated Pages

JavierVelazco
Level 2
Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching the forum and couldn't find an answer.

If I have some pages that are repeated pretty often in most of my procedures, would it be more efficient if I convert those pages into their own process and just call them using a process stage?

Not sure how this affects memory overall, maybe its better to call a process from within a process or maybe its better to repeat those pages in every process that needs it.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Devendra_KumarP
Level 7
Hi Javier,
Calling page is best option. You can refer Blueprism solution design doc.
Devendra Kumar Prajapati RPA Manager Infosys Chandigarh, India

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Javier,

While calling a page may be faster when running the process, there's also the maintenance side of things. 

If the identical pages you use in most of your processes are so basic they probably never change, then yes, have them duplicated in every process. They should be part of the skeleton template you use when starting to build a new process.

However, if the identical pages are subject to maintenance and are indeed changed every now and then due to errors or changed specifications, then you might want to consider splitting them up in a separate process as this will provide you with easier maintenance and deployment of changes.

So, my answer would be: It depends.

Happy coding!
-----------------
Paul van Doorn
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

It's better to use a process stage when it is a common/general process for multiple teams/users.
Otherwise, Page would serve our purpose.

EVIPUTI
MVP
I will prefer creating a reusable process\object in these cases . Though it will utilize more memory consumption then calling pages but its effective in many ways.
Just make sure your reusability is not complicated : https://www.blueprism.com/resources/blog/to-scale-your-digital-workforce-reusability-shouldnt-be-complicated/ .
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------