cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to release the lock

Miya
Level 5
Hi , 
  In a process i acquired the lock and it got closed accidentally without releasing the lock. When i try to run the process again it says lock is acquired but the token is empty and also I don't see any lock in the environment lock section too.
Can some one advise how to release the lock.

------------------------------
Miya
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Miya,

Perhaps someone else will provide a better fix for this, but one way to address it is to remove the entry from the specific database table that corresponds to the lock. There's a table titled BPAProcessLock that contains an entry for every process that's open and a reference to the user that has the lock. As long as you know the unique ID of the process you can find it's record in that table (there shouldn't be that many records in reality) and delete it.

Disclaimer: This action involves direct manipulation of the BP database. If this is a production database I would suggest opening a ticket with Blue Prism support instead of performing this action yourself. If it's a development instance, I would definitely create a back of the database before performing any actions.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thank You! Eric. Unfortunately this is production database i am not able to manipulate the BP database. Currently i deleted the lock from the process and created new one as temp solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Miya

Miya

AndrewPascal
Level 5
Hi Miya,

I recently had the same experience - process crashed while holding a lock. Like you, I couldn't see any locks held in the Environment Locks view. In my case, it turned out to be as simple as changing the filter on the Environment Locks view. By default, it only shows locks taken today. As I didn't notice the problem until the next day, the lock wasn't showing up in the default view. I changed the filter to "All", and there it was - and I could release it.

I guess you've already checked this, but I thought I would share it in case any other newbies like myself stumble across the same problem.

Andrew Pascal

EVIPUTI
MVP
If the process has acquired the lock and its not closed it will stay in Environment lock section till the time either its not manually closed or removed from database . Can you change the filter from a week's time to All , you should see the lock there ?

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification and Optimization Designer(Solutions Architect)
Fidelity International
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------