cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process stuck in pending state

KarthikPillai
Level 2
HI, 

I have a process scheduled to run every 5 mins, however, every once in a while it gets stuck in the pending state and we have to go in and manually restart it to get it to work again. 

How can we keep a tab on the process so that it doesn't get stuck in the pending state ? Is it possible to trigger an alert if it's stuck in the pending state for more than a certain duration ?

------------------------------
Karthik Pillai
FourNxt
Asia/Dubai
26 REPLIES 26

Hi Peter,

do you mind sharing some info around how to setup the shell script? We are too facing similar issues with schedules going into a pending state

thanks

varun

Varun Puthan Veetil
Technical Lead
nbn
Australia/Sydney

Hi Nicholas,

when you say external scheduler, do you mean windows scheduler? How are you triggering the next process on completion?

thank you

varun

Varun Puthan Veetil
Technical Lead
nbn
Australia/Sydney

Hi,

Here is the installation guide for the solution that we use for our customers. If this is something you are interested in we can discuss more in the new year.

Note in the release notes for Blue Prism v6,10 this is potentially solved. The wording isn’t very clear but certainly something has been fixed in 6,10.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Team,

Please Check your Licence session because if incase  all your instance in Bp is used/Busy then sometimes Your Schedule process will be in pending state and not get triggered into Running.

So just to make sure please check when your process went into pending was there any bandwidth available at that moment.

Regards,

Manoj

Manoj Kumar
Technical Lead
HCL
Asia/Kolkata

Hi,

In my experience the license check occurs before the process is taken to the pending state. It should not be possible to have a pending session if all licenses are taken.

peter

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@rria.no
http://www.rria.no

I built a small custom scheduler that runs as a windows service. When the scheduled time is hit, it logs a request in SQL table which is picked up by a custom controller service, which then kicks it out to an available robot via the automatec.exe command line.

As far as triggering the next process in the chain, the controller service monitors work queues and has triggers set up to launch processes when either a work queue has finished all its items, or has finished items with specific key values.

Both services are custom solutions but it has worked out very well for us. To my original point, the only time I've seen the automatec.exe command line fail to launch a process is in the presence of heavy network loss. It does make me curious how automatec.exe is launching processes without issues, whereas Blue Prism scheduler was getting stuff stuck in pending quite frequently.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer

Great ! Thanks Peter 🙂 Will give that a go

Varun Puthan Veetil
Technical Lead
nbn
Australia/Sydney

Nice!

Thanks mate 🙂

Varun Puthan Veetil
Technical Lead
nbn
Australia/Sydney

Hi Peter, 
can you share the powershell script? Or just say how to send a valid http request that is accepted by the BP server? 

Meanwhile there is BP solution to clean up the pending sessions, but therefore a further ressource is required. I would prefer an BP independent solution. 

I already had a try on automateC.exe. But is not possible to stop or run already pending items. It is only possible to get the status.

S D
consultant
NoName
Europe/London

RobertoMelendez
Level 2
I know this is a very old thread but it might be worth giving my little contribution as this was bothering us for a while.

To minimize this issue, try increasing the value below in the Login task in the schedule.
Post Completion Delay (secs): 5+

My guess is that with value 0 (default), the PC does not have enough time to actually log in and start a job. We might need to give it some time to set up the environment before starting a process.

For example:
Schedule A:
1) Login (Click and increase 'Post Completion Delay' value).
2) Process 1.
3) ...
4) Logout.

Cheers.

Roberto Melendez Chang