cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on unsupervised BP environment

Hello team,

I've got an BP environment where a couple of bots and processes are running daily, and the processes are stable and working reliably. What I want is to not have anyone sit and monitor bots daily since I know that processes are very stable. For process-related failures, we can send email alerts to a team, and that is fine; we have that. But we face issues like bots getting disconnected and schedules not running for whatever reason.

So is there anything that can alert users when something is off with the bots and connection so that the team can go and look?

Basically, we don't want to occupy someone who constantly monitors the control room, so we are looking for a solution that can cut this off. So only when the bots are disconnected or sessions are not triggered can it send some sort of alert.

I think there is no such built-in feature in Blue Prism so far, but what are your thoughts on this?

------------------------------
If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tejaskumardarji/
Technical Lead
------------------------------
12 REPLIES 12

Asilarow
Level 7

You can also check your resources using the below:

exec sp_executesql N'select top (@top) s.sessionid,
s.sessionnumber,
s.startdatetime,
s.starttimezoneoffset,
s.enddatetime,
s.endtimezoneoffset,
s.processid,
p.name as processname,
isnull(su.username, ''['' + su.systemusername + '']'') as starterusername,
s.runningresourceid,
rr.name as runningresourceName,
s.statusid,
s.startparamsxml,
s.logginglevelsxml,
s.sessionstatexml,
s.queueid,
s.lastupdated,
s.lastupdatedtimezoneoffset,
s.sessionsource,
s.laststage,s.warningthreshold ,isnull(DATEADD(second, isnull(-s.starttimezoneoffset, 0), s.startdatetime) , convert(datetime, 0)) as sortcolumn from BPASession s
LEFT join BPAProcess p on s.processid = p.processid
LEFT join BPAResource rr on s.runningresourceid = rr.resourceid
LEFT join BPAUser su on s.starteruserid = su.userid
LEFT join BPAStatus st on s.statusid = st.statusid and s.statusid <> 6
where 1=1 And s.statusid <> @status and (rr.attributeid & @local = 0) order by sortcolumn desc',N'@top int,@status int,@local int',@top=500,@status=5,@local=2

Andrzej Silarow

Asilarow
Level 7

give these to your DBA, and they should be able to sort out a nice script which will warn you of any issues with schedules not firing or resources being offline

Andrzej Silarow

Hi Tejas,

We do also have the same kind of structure where the BOTS are stable and process is running fine. We also dont have any dedicated person to monitor the control room, instead we use CTWO (previously known as RPA Supervisor). This works similar to our inbuilt scheduler when machine goes offline assigns it to the available resource. It's a straight forward approach you dont need to worry for BOT not picking up, CTWO will take care of everything.