cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Item retry - keep status

Hello,

I'm using BP 7.1.1 and I got some weird behavior with one of my queue items.

21073.png
So the story goes like this:
1) Item gets locked by the process, process sees that not all the data is ready => Item gets deferred till 25th with status "soubor nenalezen"
2) I get information that data is ready => I manually change the deferral date to the 20th
3) Item gets locked by the process, does some work, changes the status to "nákup closed"
4) The session terminates before the Item is complete => Queue is set for automatic retry, so 2nd attempt of the Item is created.

And what I find weird is, that the 2nd attempt does not have the status "nákup closed" but the old status.
I would also expect different content in the columns "last updated" and "next review", but that doesn't bother me that much.
I wanted to use the status attribute so the process can pick up from where it stopped last time. But now I cannot.
Does someone please have an idea, what I should change about the queue settings?

------------------------------
Stanislava Skřipská Tlustá
2 REPLIES 2

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Stanislava,

Does you process update the Q item status every time you presume a new status in the process?

Typically, if the work consists of three steps, at the end of each step, the process would change the status of the Q item. At the end of step 1, it would set '1 Completed', then after completion of step 2 it would update the Q item status to '2 Completed', and so forth.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

Hello Paul,

yes. that is exactly the case, the status is updated after finishing each step of the process.

The status of the item was updated several times before it reached the "nákup closed" value. The updates apparently work (as you can see the updated status in the image in the original post).

Stanislava Skřipská Tlustá