cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Reporting- Performance Reports- #GetPerformance Data (from queue items)- Intermittent formatting issue

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Hi, I have a problem when trying to create a Performance report for any process when running the logic from Control Room. The issue is that intermittently the DateTimes being output from 'Get Item Data' are formatted as general so are output as '43300' for example as opposed to a valid DateTime. Effected items are then not recognised as either being Completed? or Exception? in subsequent decision stages in #Get Performance Data (from queue items) object as expected format is DateTime. Issue I find is that when I run this for my processes my volumes obviously won't match up and additionally referral types and their referral reasons are not included in the breakdown so the output cannot be sent to the business as its not accurate. I don't want to start chopping and changing the VBO or look at a workaround unless absolutely necessary. Any ideas? Paul.
6 REPLIES 6

PSSupport
Staff
Staff
What version of BP are you on Paul?

PaulCurran1
Level 4
I'm on version 5.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Paul - there was a change between 5 an 6 to the way dates are handled, particularly in code stages, so possibly that has something to do with it because the reporting package was designed with 6 in mind.. When you say 'output as 43300', do you mean that's what they end up like in Excel? Or have you been able to pinpoint somewhere in the object that it happens? https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/v6-data-sheet-date-and-time-hand…

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Hi John, We'll be upgrading to 6 very soon so perhaps the issue will resolve itself with the upgrade. I don't believe the issue is when writing to excel rather when the data is pulled from the queue. I've pinpointed the issue to #Get Performance Data (from queue items) page and I've attached screenshot of where I believe the error manifests itself. Whenever I step through the logic it seems to work fine however when I run from control room the issue crops up therefore I can't even recreate the error to see what the DateTime value looks like at this point. I know the error is caused whenever item data is pulled because both the Completed? and Exception? decision stages contain the logic IsDate([Completed/Exception DateTime]) and if not logic identifies the case as being unworked so doesn't include work item as being completed or excepted. I slightly amended the logic to keep the data tab with the raw data which is where I've been able to see all missing cases not included on totals on performance report. The missing cases all seem to have date formats as '43300' as opposed to a recognised date which is why I believe the error occurs within the attached screenshot as these cases are being identified as unworked due to an issue with the DateTimes outputted from 'Get Item Data' Hope this helps.  

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Thanks Paul, I'll look into it and I may contact you directly next week. Weird that it only appears via Control Room, you'd have thought such an error would appear every time regardless of how fast the process ran.

PaulCurran1
Level 4
Thanks John, I look forward to hearing from you.