cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:Activation Error

GauravDhiman
Level 5
Hi All,
My 30 days trial Blueprism got expired yesterday and I was provided with 90 days learner license.
Now,I tried installing new licence which gives an error after I put activation code "We have got problem with your License" contact tech support.On contacting tech support it links to DX developer community.

I thought to again download learner version and reinstall BP.
In order to reset the machine,I removed Blueprism from my machine and checked in Registry Editor as well.It existed nowhere. 

After re-installation ,it is again showing same error.

Regards 

Gaurav

------------------------------
Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960
3 REPLIES 3

chris.strong
Staff
Staff

Hello Gaurav,

My initial thought, we've seen a few users have miss-understood the steps to Activate your Trial / Learning Edition license.  We've improved this in the next version.

What we are typically seeing is user not activating their license on the portal, I'd guess this is what you are seeing.

1. After you install your license, you will need to activate it.
  2. Within the application, you should be given an activation code.
  3. This code needs copying to the Portal - https://portal.blueprism.com/products/activation
  4. Once you paste code into the Portal and click Submit License Activation (once), you will be presented with a new key.
  5. Then, copy the new key (the new code on the web page) and paste that into the application to activate your license.

Clarification on the above steps, specifically knowing to copy a code from the application to the Portal, then back seems to have resolved issues we've seen.

Again, we are working on making this simpler to understand.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism

Thanks Chris it works!!!!!!!! Activated

Gaurav Dhiman
Gaurav Dhiman RPA developer,ROM Architect Melbourne,VIC,Australia 0413 930 960

This is pleasing, thank you for letting me know that worked for you Gaurav.

We redesigned the activation process, which you'll see if you continue your learning journey once we release Blue Prism v6.7.

The reason for the 'manual' copy and paste between the application and our customer portal, is we are deployed on many very secure sites with no outside connection to the internet and we deliberately do not have any Call Home type of functionality within Blue Prism for this reason.

Chris Strong
Product Owner
Blue Prism