cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-writing flow with Attach and Wait Stages but getting errors

GracieDevine
Level 4
Hello,

The bot that I'm working on sometimes fails at different parts of this flow - I've gotten "failed to find element that matches" and "AMI error .... not connected" often enough that I want to re-write the process.

However, there are parts of the original flow that are a little confusing to me. I re-wrote the flow with more Attach and Wait Stages, but it's failing at "Account Selection".

Could someone please give advice for changes I can make past "SSO".

For reference, the Navigate Stages SSO and Account Selection have one Press action each. The Wait Stages are all 45 seconds, except for Launch and Terminate.

The original, which mostly works, but sometimes fails to connect:
36985.png
The one I re-wrote, which is failing at Account Selection:
36986.png
2 REPLIES 2

PvD_SE
Level 12
Hi Gracie,

While rewriting the old version certainly made it more readable, it also brings to light a few items to check up on:
  • The conditioned wait stages on the left of the new version have an exit point that is used if the condition specified is met. If not, the timeout part of the wait stage will be activated. This timeout part also connects to the next action as if the condition was met - which it is not. The timeout part of a conditioned wait stage should be used to fix or notify the problem that was met. So either an exception or actions to handle or retry the failed element.
  • The bottom left conditioned wait stage does not have an action connected to the exit point if the condition was met. I reckon BP should see this as an error. 
  • Conditioned wait stage 'Wait45' has no action in the case that it times out. As stated above, the timeout should be used to handle the error. Even here, I would think BP would see this as an error.
  • With the likelihood of at least two errors in the new version, I can recommend to always fix all errors before exiting and saving an object or process. 
Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

GracieDevine
Level 4
Thank you Paul 🙂