cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Excel which Contains Different Languages

kshitijkumar
Level 3
Hi, Whenever i am trying to read my excel using "Get Worksheet Range as Collection" it gives "?"  for those characters which are in different languages. But when I try to read the same cell value using "Get Cell Value" it is able to get exact proper text in same language.  Ex:-   Papua New Guinea-Port Moresby: EIB - ????????? ??????? (Get Worksheet Range as Collection)            Papua New Guinea-Port Moresby: EIB - Κατασκευή γεφυρών (Get Cell Value)   Can anyone suggest why such thing is happening and how to get proper text from excel. Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi kshitij,   I had the same case and it appeared that the Excel VBO code is causing it. Check if Your code in VBO page looks like highlighted part - if yes then change ""Text"" to ""UnicodeText"".  Let me know if this helps.   Best Regards, Michal

kshitijkumar
Level 3
Hi Michal, I checked my Excel VBO Code but it contain's different code than yours.    Thanks & Regards, Kshitij

kshitijkumar
Level 3
Issue solved. Thanks Michal for your help.

Hi Kshitij, 

I hope you are doing well. I am working on a process where i have an excel file with data in Russian language(ex: НАИМЕНОВАНИЕ ПО РУ). When i try to get the data out of the excel to collection by using Get Worksheet as Collection i am getting similar error  with ??????. Could you please suggest what is the work around you did? any suggestions would highly appreciated.
30432.png
screenshot for you reference.

Thank you! Up

Best regards
Rakshith M

------------------------------
Rakshith M
RPA Developer
Capgemini India Pvt LTD
UTC

Hi Michal,

Could you please kindly share the screenshot of the code you mentioned?

Thank you!
Best regards
Rakshith M

Rakshith M
RPA Developer
Capgemini India Pvt LTD
UTC

In MS Excel VBO goto Global code and find line DataFormats.Text which will be in GetClipboard and replace it with DataFormats.UnicodeText

Gopal Bhaire
Analyst
Accenture