cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Import Error

AlexAppelgren
Level 2
Hi, After the new update, we are in almost every release getting an error message which we are not able to overwrite or find a worthy solution to. The message is as following: An error occurred while attempting to import the release: Import failed: You do not have permission to edit the process you are trying to overwrite. This is when we are going from Dev/Acc to Prod environement. It's usually never an issue to import from Dev to Acc, but almost always problems going in to prod. Has anyone else hade the same error and how do you think we can solve this? Regards
4 REPLIES 4

DaveMorris
Level 14
You probably checked this already, but you're sure the User Roles and Access Rights are set up so that you are allowed to edit processes? As far as I know, when upgraded from below 6.3 to anything 6.3+, it should only require explicitly updating the user role(s) with the new web service permission, but maybe something with wrong with either the User Roles or the Access Rights on that process or the folder that process is in.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

AlexAppelgren
Level 2
Hi, Yes we have gone through all those steps and controlled all access rights for both admin, deployer and developers. Our theory is that something is wrong with the setup of our databases since this error seems to be occuring when importing objects that has been borrowed from other bussiness units and that their user is not in our servers. Could that cause the error message even though their should be no restrictions in access rights? 

DaveMorris
Level 14
I honestly have no idea. Hopefully this is something simple and we all facepalm after realizing it. But here are some more of my thoughts... That's weird. As far as I know, access/permissions are not carried over from one environment to another through the export/import feature. I've never seen anything like that in the XML. I think it's maintained only in the database and not exported. It would be worth glancing at the XML of the .bprelease file. Do you know what components should be in that file? If it were me and I had time, I'd compare a .bprelease file that I export from the new/my environment to the one that came from the other environment. Also, if you have access to that other environment, I would consider exporting individual processes and objects and see if you can import them individually. It might be time consuming, but maybe that way you could either bypass or figure out the issue. If it's an older version of BP, I suppose it's possible that there's a piece different in the release file structure.
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

Christian_Brand
Level 2

Hi Alex
Did you find a solution to your problem by now? I just got the same error trying to release from Dev to Test (in a Dev/Test/PreProd/Prod set up). We as well updated to the newest version a few days ago.
The solution I found was adding a user roll to my profile ´Security > User roles > Processes > Edit´. This allowed me to import the release however it also gave me the unintended possibility to edit processes in the test environment. Therefore I´m interested in finding an alternative solution.
Regards

------------------------------
Christian Brandt Larsen
RPA
Forca A/S
Europe/Copenhagen
------------------------------