cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Password from a pdf file

JeevanR
Level 5
Hi Team,
Hope you are doing well, From couple of days i am trying to remove password from a pdf file using Blue Prism, but i am not able to make it work. I tried spying Adobe reader, Chrome, etc. but it was of no use.

Anyone please help me with this, Thanks in advance......cheers.
Jeevan Rangaraju - AD01 Certified RPA Professional Associate Consultant Ernst & Young LLP Bangalore, India Email - jjeevan152@gmail.com
9 REPLIES 9

EmersonF
MVP

Please provide more details, what errors are you facing when trying to map?

Beforehand you can try to create an action that is hard code to help you with this, see if it helps you:

How to remove password from protected PDF in C# and VB.NET | WinForms - PDF (syncfusion.com)

Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

JeevanR
Level 5
Thank you @EmersonF i tried the code, it is returning object referance not set to an instanace error and should i install any dlls in blue prism or can i just import to namespace...
Jeevan Rangaraju - AD01 Certified RPA Professional Associate Consultant Ernst & Young LLP Bangalore, India Email - jjeevan152@gmail.com

EVIPUTI
MVP
Means that you are referring to an object the does not exist or has null value . Can you share a screenshot of how you have used it and what all parameters you have passed .
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

JeevanR
Level 5
36155.png
This is the code when i try to run it  i am getting the below error

JeevanR
Level 5
should i import any dlls

JeevanR
Level 5
@Vipul Tiwari could you please help me on this

TahaSonmez
Level 5
Hi Jeevan,

There is a free VBO for basic PDF actions that includes removing password from a pdf file. This VBO is developed by my company. You can follow the attached guide into Documents. No need to Adobe installed, no need to spy anything, Importing DLL is enough to use this VBO. 

Click to see on DigitalExchange.

Happy automation!

JeevanR
Level 5
@TahaSonmez, This helped me a lot, thanks to you and your company for the VBO, by gods grace my project is not yet released to production i will implement this code quickly...

Thanks a lot...

Is there any actions in this vbo which will reset pdf attributes, I have a pdf which shows a pop up to enter password when i open it in OCR software for data extraction, FYI I am using Abbyy Flexicapture software, please do suggest me some idea on this.

Thank you.​​​

Use this VBO from here

Worked well for us