cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Offline Error - When Resource is Online

MattDavis
Level 5
I have a resource that is online (confirmed with blue icon in control room & event viewer on the resource shows the login sequence and ends on "listener started"). However, when I execute my schedule I keep getting the error "Task: Process 1 threw an exception: Resource x is offline - retried 10 times."    Then it proceeds to the next process which is logout and successfully logs out without ever running process 1. Any ideas why BP isn't seeing my resource as online when it is.
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi All,   We had similar issue and it was connected with Global Policy settings and connection type (cable vs Wi-Fi) of runtime resource. We tried to change global policy to disable lock screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL screen and also internal property notification. After that we encountered following case - resource was online but was not able to execute schedule with the same error on app server regarding offline resource (we didn't have part with log out). There was no reaction on RR agent yet session management worked just fine. The solution was to ensure that RR is always connected to network via cable as it seems that disabling one of the policies interrupted Wi-Fi connection between App server and RR.   Best regards, Michal

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I can only confirm that we are having the same problem currently, but without any solution so far. So any hints will be appreciated on this topic.

NARENDRANSUNDAR
Level 2
If Runtime Resources show as offline within Control Room which is running directly on the Application Server (whether connected directly to a database or connected to a Blue Prism Server type connection), then you need to check the communications between the Runtime Resource and the Application Server.    Ensure that there are no firewall settings (both hardware and software) blocking the ports in use, and also the applications themselves (automate.exe and for the app server - blueprismserverservice.exe or BPserver.exe depending on whether you are running your BP server via the server service or not). Also, check that there is no Network Address Translation in use between the machines (v4.2 and v5, and v6 if using .NET Remoting type of configuration).

HenrikHansen
Level 2
we are also struggling with this at several clients. It works sometimes so i know that the setup is correct. Is this actually a software bug in blueprism? Is there any alternative to using the scheduler?

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi All,   We had similar issue and it was connected with Global Policy settings and connection type (cable vs Wi-Fi) of runtime resource. We tried to change global policy to disable lock screen, CTRL+ALT+DEL screen and also internal property notification. After that we encountered following case - resource was online but was not able to execute schedule with the same error on app server regarding offline resource (we didn't have part with log out). There was no reaction on RR agent yet session management worked just fine. The solution was to ensure that RR is always connected to network via cable as it seems that disabling one of the policies interrupted Wi-Fi connection between App server and RR.   Best regards, Michal