cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Pool & Login Agent

MattDavis
Level 5
Hi,   So I tried setting up a resource pool with 2 resources that both have login agent installed and were available (showing the blue screen with the key on it). However, once I put them into a resource pool they lose their "Connected" status with the blue screen and switch to "Connecting" status at the individual resource level. The resource pool shows "Connected". I'm able to login and connect to one machine in the resource pool, but when I try to run a second process on the resource pool, I get an error stating that the resource pool is too busy to run the process.   Any ideas, on what could be wrong?   Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
A couple of pointers here.  1. Older versions of Blue Prism had an issue where the status of resources in the pool was not correct, only the status of the first/primary resource in the pool was correct.  My understanding is that has been fixed in recent versions. 2.  I have no idea how you can expect login agent to work with resource pools - there is no guarantee that the resource you ran on the login agent process on will be the same resource that you run the main process on - unless you are attempting to have them as task 1 and task 2 within the same schedule - which will never work because you need a time gap between logging in and running the main process to give time for the 'real' resourcepc to start up (so they must be in separate schedules).

MattDavis
Level 5
Thanks Denis! On 1. That makes sense, we're not quite yet on v6. On #2, I would have thought that Blue Prism would have made all of these features work together. Ideally it would be nice to be able to create one schedule that logs into a resource, waits for it to be available then runs the task. The impression I got from reading the resource pool documentation (probably misinterpreted it) was that it would act as a redundant environment if one resource wasn't available for whatever reason it would start to run on the next. It sounds like that's not quite right.   However, it would be a great feature for Blue Prism to think about in the future. Ideally I'd like to get my resources as close as I can to capacity as I can. And having a redundant environment where if Schedule 1 runs long and causes Schedule 2 not to run, that Schedule 2 can run on a different resource.  

ryanamiller
Level 5
If you're using the Login Agent you won't be able to utilize Resource Pools with the way the scheduler is currently implemented.  This was disappointing to me as well as I thought it would be very helpful in utilizing Resources Machines and being able to pool them together by their functions within the business.

Wendy__Braem
Level 3
I have the same problem with resources.