cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Pools and Schedules

jgregor4
Level 6
I am having trouble getting resource pools to work with the scheduler - is this possible?   I have use of 3 resource machines, when they were separated the schedule worked fine. Now they are in a pool when I set a schedule up I can only allocate the pool name not the resources however when the schedule is meant to start nothing happens.  Am I missing something or is this not possible? Using BP 5.0.30
5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
That is the whole point of Pools - you schedule the task to a Pool and the Scheduler will start the task on the first available resource (not already in use) within that Pool.  It provides DR functionality - if one resource has gone down the Schedule with still work on a different resource.  Why are you adding resources to the Pool but then not making use of the main point of using them?

jgregor4
Level 6
I have added the resources to the pool, but if 1 is offline then none of them work

Peter_Folmar_Je
Level 2
I have the same problem. Resource pools does not work in version 5.0.32. I have not tried it in version 6.1.0.

IanClowery
Level 4
The issue might be similar to one I've been having. Granted, I'm on 4.2.37 so your experience may differ, but I noticed that if the Pool Controller PC goes offline, then the whole pool goes offline, whereas if a pool member goes offline, the pool remains active. 

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Earlier versions of Blue Prism had an issue where the entire pool status was dependent on the controller resource within that pool - that has been fixed and the correct status of each resource in a pool should now be correct in recent versions.