cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering a Process on Resource Pool instead of individual machine using SOAP API

UpalPatel
Level 2
Hello Community Members,

I want to trigger a process on a Resource Pool instead of triggering a process on a specific resource.

If we have exposed any process as Web Service and if we want to trigger that process using API then we need to provide the machine name as a parameter and the process will be triggered on that particular machine.

Now my requirement is to trigger a process on a resource pool instead of a particular machine.

Can anyone please help or provide any idea on how can I achieve this?
2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff
To my knowledge, there's not an out-of-the-box way to trigger a Process exposed as a web service to run on a resource pool, as the machine name parameter is required. However, we have a Knowledge Base article that describes how to load balance calls to a Process exposed as a web service that may work for your requirements instead. This article has a brief explanation and example of how to set up your Runtimes as well as a link to a PDF with more information.

BohyonHwang
Level 9
Thank you for good information, @Steve Boggs.
It seems that we could use a web server or service bus as an independent proxy provider.
Could we possibly use a load balancer (L4 or L7) as an independent proxy provider, either?​​