cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource pool in Blueprism

Kishore_KumarDe
Level 4

If I trigger a process on to a resource pool and there is no available resource at that time in the pool then will the process fail with resource unavailable error or will it wait for any resource to be available before triggering it? I am not having BP license to try it out so just wanted an expert advice here.

------------------------------
Kishore Deka
Lead Software Engineer
EPAM systems
If my answer provided any assistance, please vote as "Best Answer". Kishore Deka Lead Software Engineer EPAM systems Connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoredeka1410/
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Kishore,

We have some documentation about how Resource Pools work in our Knowledge Base and Online Help, but to address your specific question here, the workflow is essentially as follows:

1. The Scheduler (or Interactive Client in the case of Drag-and-Drop) sends a message directly to the Controller Resource telling it to create the session.
  2. Once the Controller receives this message, it will send a message directly to one of the available pool Members, telling it to create the session.
  3. If the Process cannot be ran against any of the pool Members, the Controller resource will attempt to run the Process itself.
  4. If the Controller is also unable to run the Process, then you will receive a "Resource Pool is too busy to run this Process" error. See the following article for guidance on this scenario: "Why do I get error "Resource Pool is too busy to run this Process" when using Resource Pools?"

Source KB: "How does Blue Prism Enterprise decide which Runtime Resource will run a Process, when the Process is assigned to a Resource Pool?"

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Kishore,

We have some documentation about how Resource Pools work in our Knowledge Base and Online Help, but to address your specific question here, the workflow is essentially as follows:

1. The Scheduler (or Interactive Client in the case of Drag-and-Drop) sends a message directly to the Controller Resource telling it to create the session.
  2. Once the Controller receives this message, it will send a message directly to one of the available pool Members, telling it to create the session.
  3. If the Process cannot be ran against any of the pool Members, the Controller resource will attempt to run the Process itself.
  4. If the Controller is also unable to run the Process, then you will receive a "Resource Pool is too busy to run this Process" error. See the following article for guidance on this scenario: "Why do I get error "Resource Pool is too busy to run this Process" when using Resource Pools?"

Source KB: "How does Blue Prism Enterprise decide which Runtime Resource will run a Process, when the Process is assigned to a Resource Pool?"

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX

Thank you Steve. That was helpful. I assume Dynamic resource manager also solves this problem along with SLA management as it can queue up the processes and run on available resources.

If my answer provided any assistance, please vote as "Best Answer".

Kishore Deka
Lead Software Engineer
EPAM systems

Connect on LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoredeka1410/
If my answer provided any assistance, please vote as "Best Answer". Kishore Deka Lead Software Engineer EPAM systems Connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoredeka1410/