cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an exposed BP Process/webservice

john.hammond
Level 6

Hi there.
I'm just investigating the possibility of triggering a BP process via a browser at the moment, but am having a bit of difficulty. I have exposed the process within System, but when navigating to the webservice (using http://[machine name]:[port]/ws/), I'm simply getting a timeout, with no specific error message. I'm almost certain this will be an infrastructure-side issue (as I can access the webservice interface from within the resource itself), but the machine name and port numbers are correct, so is there anything specific that I need to request?

And whilst I am able to connect to the ws interface on the local resource itself, how do I actually call the process into action? Clicking on it simply presents me with a load of XML. I've since downloaded Postman and have tried to test the connection. By submitting a GET request, I get the same XML back, so I would assume a POST request should work, but that returns a message of 'The requested process does not exist' with error code 404 (The target I'm using for both GET and POST here is http://[machine name]:[port]/ws/ProcessName?wsdl).

Furthermore, how would I go about setting up startup parameters for this service? The documentation on the BP Hub doesn't seem to go into this, unless I've missed something.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1

PvD_SE
Level 12

Hi John,

For the parameter issue, you could consider putting the data you would normally have as startup parameters for the process in an XL file, then remove all startup parameters from the process and have it start with reading the XL to obtain the data required for running - aka the parameters. As a perhaps positive side effect, you no longer need to maintain schedules when adding or removing startup parameters for a process - you simply adjust the XL.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden

Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)