cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Resource cant start process from an interactive client

FardinBarashi
Level 2

Hello
I have a strange problem with BluePrism that I can not solve.
Our BluePrism Enviroment
16585.png

The problem is traffic between 2 and 4.
We cant start processes, example if we start process "log out" from a interactive client we are getting this error mess
Not connected to XXX - can't start process
But if we test the same thing on to the same robot from our applicationserver it is no problems at all.
We have opened all the ports between 2 and 4. Still the same error.
Anyone had a similar problem?
  • Installed version 6.4.2.10610
  • All ports have been opened
  • Our robot is virtual and also our server.
We have analysed the network traffic between robot and interactive client and what we found there that we thought was abnormal ( maby it should be like that ) .
*  the robot does not send any traffic back in anyway to my computer or receive it, but is always sending traffic to the appserver.

------------------------------
Fardin Barashi
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @FardinBarashi

I think the problem is in your solution design... 

According with the Infrastructure Reference Guide (Here you have the guide: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/Blue%20Prism%206.7%20-%20Infrastructure%20Reference%20Guide.pdf) and the Network Connectivity guide (Here you have the link: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.3%20Data%20Sheet%20-%20Securing%20Network%20Connectivity.pdf, your connection between 2 and 4 must be only for configure and control (where necessary) the Digital Worker using a Remote Desktop software.

I assume that you don't have a "Blue Prism Server" service running under your Digital Worker (2), and you are trying to connect from the Interactive Client (4) using this service. 

Hope this helps you, I don't know if this is clear or not.

See you in the community, bye 🙂

Pablo Sarabia
Solution Manager & Architect
Altamira Assets Management
Madrid

Hello Pablo

Thx for the input, seams like i have installed the services on the robot

16581.png

and on the developer machine. 

16582.png
I guess that the blue Prism Service must be running with the serviceaccount made for blueprism

Fardin Barashi

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,

In your interactive Client running on (4) you will see the runtime resource (2) shown as 'online ... not connected' in Control tab.
This means the runtime resource and the interactive client are not able to directly communicate between each other.

Based on your description I could not identify any problems with your server, so (3)<>(2) and (3)<>(4) works just fine.

I assume the robot only send data to interactive client, when the client initiates the connection. (probably except when using .Net Remoting but I doubt you use this connection type). 
I suggest to verify if all in & out ports on the interactive client machine are open in Windows firewall. (or any other security program that might run).

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Digital / Erste Group Bank
Europe/Vienna