cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Resources seen by scheduler as offline

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi, wondering whether anyone has experienced this and if there is a fix available. We have a selection of Runtime Resources that are showing as Connection in the Available resources window, but when we try and run a schedule against them there are errors (see below). There doesn't appear to be any particular reason for this. We can run the processes manually without any errors. We are running BP v5.024 Many Thanks in advance.  *************************************** VERBOSE [2018-03-15 12:33:50Z UTC]- Schedule XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX- Task 'Log in': Error creating sessions - terminating remaining sessions: BluePrism.Scheduling.ScheduleException: Resource XXXXXXXXXX is offline - retried 10 times at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.ScheduledTask.ConnectToResource(clsResourceConnectionManager manager, ScheduledSession sess) at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.ScheduledTask.CreateSessions(clsResourceConnectionManager manager, Int32 timeoutMillis) at BluePrism.AutomateAppCore.ScheduledTask.InternalExecute(ISessionRunnerScheduleLogger log)
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Check there is 2 way communication between the App Server and Resource. It sounds like the Control Room machine can see the resource but the App Server (which controls the scheduler) cannot. Possibly it's the firewall and/or blocked ports.

SteveBoomer
Level 5
Hi John, thanks for the reply. The machines are showing as connected and will accept a process if it is run from an admin machine via the control room. It just won't work from the scheduler and won't work if we try to run the schedule manually. I've just run the console and can see the machines are offline to the application server, despite showing as online via an interactive client. So if this is the case, what does the Application Server do other than run the schedules? Cheers, Steve

DamianGomes1
Level 2
I am having this issue on 4.2.43 right now. The one thing I can see is that the RPC is having issues maintaining a connection with the AppServer. From AppServer it shows the RPC is Connected, however I believe its a refresh issue as from the RPC Console I can see disconnects. Interesting enough I am able to manually execute the process using the Session Management on App Server. Does anyone know the ports needed for communication (other than 8199 which is open) From the RPC Console New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit New connection from 172.17.44.70 Disconnected 172.17.44.70 - quit Here is a good output from a sustained connection from RPC to AppServer Initialising ..initialising AMI ..getting business objects ..checking database PRD Startup sequence complete New connection from 172.17.47.10 New connection from 172.17.44.70 New connection from 172.17.44.70 New connection from 172.17.44.70 New connection from 172.17.47.10

AndrewWatts
Level 3
Hi We have the same issue, but its not constant. The scheduler correctly ran Login agent logout last night however this morning it failed giving the error raised by the original poster.   How can this be resolved please?   Kind Regards   Andy

PetriKaukua
Level 4
This is an ongoing problem still after several years even with the latest version of Blue Prism. This is being currently discussed in this thread: https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/technical-queries/general/scheduler… Currently Blue Prism have no solution how to fix this problem. Br, Pete