cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtype of webservices

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Hello, Yesterday I finished developing a really simple automation. The objects used in the process are only 3: 2 out-of-box utilities and webservice that was connected using a standard BluePrism way to interact with webservices. I expected that the whole process would be a background one - because why not? The webservice is just a code in background and utilities have background run-type. When I checked the logs I saw that the process has in fact a run type "Exclusive". [2018-01-09 10:54:16Z] Created session: 6855149d-c2d0-4466-b32c-4d7a6f14743f; process: [XXX]; Run Mode: Exclusive  Could you please confirm that webservices in BluePrism have run mode exclusive? Could you please tell me what's the logic behind that? Do you agree that it would be useful to have it as background? Is there a way to change that runtype?
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
My understanding is that a Web Service should have a background run type - have you already double checked the run mode of the two out of the box objects?

AndrzejKaczor
Level 4
Thanks for confirming that it should be background.   I've double checked the run mode of utility objects, and they were background ones.... but they had dependency on 3 more utility objects, and one of them had run-type exclusive!   Thanks for help 🙂