cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence

RichardLoughins
Level 4
Hi, I'm interested to know if anyone has tried spying and creating objects around the SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence product? I'm currently working on a project that uses this web-based application and for the most part I'm able to automate it using a combination of HTML and AA. However, I'm having some difficulty spying objects whenever the app opens a particular dialog box; in this case, selecting export for a particular report. When the export box opens I'm able to spy the elements in HTML and AA. However, when I close and reopen the box and attempt to highlight something, HTML elements throw back an exception, and AA elements completely crash Blue Prism, resulting in me having to close and restart everything. I've tried numerous workarounds, including the mode in which the application launches (e.g. Embedded, External 32-bit, External 64-bit) and have tried changing the attributes of both the HTML elements and AA elements. It's always the same result however. I'm convinced it's something to do with the dialog box that SAP opens, so I'm interested to know if anyone has encountered similar issues with SAP web applications, and if so, how they resolved them. Thanks, Richard
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Richard - try a creating a separate object only for handling the dialog box.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
John has it spot on. Your pop-ups are probably running in a seperate process thread so you need to attach to them seperately.

RichardLoughins
Level 4
Hi John & Denis, thanks for getting back to me. I tried creating a separate object for the dialog box but unfortunately I get the same result - HTML mode doesn't find the objects previously identified, and AA mode completely crashes both BP and the application. Any other ideas?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If AA mode is crashing BP/The application, then it is likely that you are using the incorrect Appliaction Modeller Mode. I would recommend experimenting with different 32bit/64bit options. HTML mode often tends not to work with IE pop ups, so AA mode/Windows mode/Surface Automation will be your only options. Also, ensure you are attached to the correct process for the pop up (it may be in a different thread, especially if TabProcGrowth=0 registry setting is not set).

PraveenKumar8
Level 2
Hi, I am working on SAP Web intelligence Rich Client application. Issue is I am not able to spy any fields on the application. I can able to spy only the window using Win32 & AA but not able to spy any inside the window elements or fields. @John and @Denis, requesting you to provide a solution on this.