Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI SPY MODE NOT HIGHLIGHTING

EbonyHedgepeth
Level 3
​​​Hello,

I am having the same issue.

• Using DEV2 connection for automation
  • Logging into SAP with my user credentials and have tried PRD and R3Q connections
  • Sap spy mode is not highlighting anything
  • Accessibility is enabled in SAP client-side
  • Scripting is enabled in SAP client-side
  • RZ11 transaction has already been completed on the server- side
  • Able to spy with the other modes but once you press the save button and try to run it in process the error is "unable to match any windows with the query items"
  •  I am unable to successful run the process that was previously working fine with SAP mode previously highlighting.

What else can be done to fix this issue. As stated when I try to use other spy modes it the object will work but when I save and move on then go back to another page I get the same error that it cannot match query items.

------------------------------
Ebony Hedgepeth
2 REPLIES 2

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
Hello Ebony, 

Just checking in order:

1. All config as per SAP guide in portal has been cross checked, I mean if it suddenly stopped working, then something changed, so cross checking is required.
2. Is new elements spying working? Just trying to figure out that SAP spying itself is working.
3.  If new spying is working and its a problem is with elements spied previously, then spy the same element and compare the paths of the same element spied recently and the old one.
4. if the path is different, I recall in SAP client, there is an option for low or high bandwidth settings, this makes the path change at the client end depending on the selection. unfortunately, my laptop just got formatted, so don't have the Sap client installed for a screenshot, you will have to explore SAP client settings.
5. if path is different even when toggling low and high bandwidth, then you may have to respy again.
6. If path is same, and SAP mode is working for new elements, then I guess you may need to open a ticket.

hope that helps.
Ashish

Ashish Easow
Senior Consultant - Professional Services
Blueprism
Asia/Kolkata

​THIS IS THE ERROR

Error - Highlighting results - Can't get SAP ScreenRect for /app/con[0]/ses[0]/wnd[0]/usr/tabsTAB_MAIN/tabpTSCLASS/ssubSCR_MAIN:SAPLCTMS:4000/btnOES_PDOWN - element not found

Whenever I try to respy SAP MODE is unavailable it shows the pop up but will not highlight anything in the window.
So I try to spy with other modes.
Which works until it is saved and then it disappears.
Whenever I try to respy SAP MODE is unavailable it shows the pop up but will not highlight anything in the window.
So I try to spy with other modes.
Which works until it is saved and then it disappears.

17384.png

Ebony Hedgepeth