cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Qurey to get the Blue Prism License information

VinodGudupudi
Level 4
Folks, Any one has a SQL query or anything to get the details of the License info like the start date, end date etc.
5 REPLIES 5

jegendra
Staff
Staff
Generally, you can retrieve the license information from the Blue Prism System Manager by navigating through the following pathway Blue Prism > System > License   When the license key is installed, the BPALicense table retains the license information with the installation date and does not include further information such as the start date, end date. 
Jega Avinasinathan Customer Support Engineer Blue Prism

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
Hi gudupv2, There is a table on the BP DB that stores some licence info as well but there's not much there. dbo.BPALicense

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
Hi,  Blue Prism does not recommend direct queries on the database. However, you could use the attached query to get the information you need.      

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
Here is the query screenshot.

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
@Hemachanderrao You are correct. Good catch and thank you for pointing it out. In my reply above I recommened querying the Database (DB) but I forgot to specify to only query a mirror of the SQL database, not the actual production DB directly. Querying a PROD DB is never best practice and could create problems, instead it is best to have a copy of the PROD database (called a Mirror) that stores a copy of all the same data as the PROD DB, backed up periodically or triggered by certain events. A mirror DB can be queried without ever worrying about impacteding production services.  Hermachanderrao was absolutely right to say not to query the DB directly.  I left left out the part about only querying the mirror.  Thank you for catchgin that, someone could have read my message and created problems for themselves. Kind regards, Ben