cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler not responding

JakobSørensen
Level 4

We have around 750 schedules in Blue Prism (version 6.10), but only a few hundred active schedules. Still, when we are trying to open schedules, most of the times Blue Prism stops responding. If you are lucky enough to open schedules, it takes forever.

34934.png
Has anyone encountered something similar, and if so, how did you solve it?

I have tried manually deleting a large number of rows from the tables BPAScheduleLog and BPAScheduleLogEntry, but with no visible effect.

Update: Based on John's answer, I tried connecting directly to the database, rather than going via the application server. This actually made it possible to show the schedules (albeit not a lightning fast speeds). This indicates that the problem lies in the connection to the application server. I will see if I can find out more about this and update my post with what I find.

2 REPLIES 2

JohnCowell
Staff
Staff
Hi Jakob, it would be interesting to know whether you see this when connecting your IC via different connection modes (.Net compared to WCF etc.) and also whether you see the same issue if you logon to the App Server and use an IC using a direct database connection from there. This may help determining whether it's a network performance issue or maybe more database related.
John Cowell Senior Software Support Analyst Blue Prism

Hi Jacob,

We had a similar kind of issue, where the control room session management was quite slow and was taking ages to show available resources and select a specified Vm from the pool.

But later after many discussions with the IT team and blue prism team we got to know that our blue prism server and the Virtual machine were lying in different regions(ie-BP server on EMEA and VM from APAC).
So we made the necessary changes and bought both of them into the same region, and this resolved our issue permananetly.

Sometimes the slowness issue is to be addressed by the blue prism server team as this happens due to the lack of a proper load balancer on the server.