cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutomateC Command Line error - "Login Failed: The wrong login type was used..."

pors924s
Level 3
Hi team,

I would like to create a script to archive data via command line and am currently testing the commands I would need to use. I found documentation (Command line options
Blueprism remove preview
Command line options
Blue Prism provides two utilities accepting command line switches: Automate.exe The graphical Blue Prism application. Any messages or feedback from this application is made visually. A return code of zero indicates success; a non-zero return code indicates an error. AutomateC.exe A commandline utility which returns messages and feedback to the command line (via standard output).
View this on Blueprism >
) which tells me commands I need to employ. First, I am starting with setting the archive path since the "\archive" command does not seem allow that as a parameter. When I run this:
(C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate>AutomateC /setarchivepath "C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\testArchive" /user <user> <pass>)
in the command prompt it is expecting some sort of login credentials.
36693.png
And the only way I would have known to use "/user" is because it provided it in an example call in the provided link (that parameter is not even presented as an option in the documentation). I also tried using the defined parameters, "/username" and "/password" which did not work.

I figure it would be the same login credentials that blue prism expects in order to log me into the Interactive Client which uses windows authentication.

I do also have permissions to archive automatically/manually which I think would be sufficient enough.

As the picture suggests, what other login type could I use?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@pors924s,

Are you in an SSO environment? If so, I believe you want to use the /sso flag instead of the /user flag for authenticating.​

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/helpCommandLine.htm?Highlight=%2Fsso#Automate2

Cheers,
Eric

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@pors924s,

Are you in an SSO environment? If so, I believe you want to use the /sso flag instead of the /user flag for authenticating.​

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-6-10/en-us/helpCommandLine.htm?Highlight=%2Fsso#Automate2

Cheers,
Eric

pors924s
Level 3
@ewilson,

It was that simple. Thank you​ so much for the help!

Update: Other than the changed parameter from /user to using /sso, my organization requires that I run the command line as an Admin.