cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler not working after BPServer reboot

Andres_FelipeRo
Level 2
Hello Everyone First of all sorry to bother you again, there is something I don€™t know how to solve with my experience so im reaching you. The thing is that we are testing our RPA in the test machine which has the BPServer.exe running and the automate.exe instance to execute the processes in the scheduler. This scheduler works fine and if the server is running always there is no problem. BUT when I stop and re start the BPServer.exe (simulating a system reboot), the tasks in the scheduler are not executing. To make this tasks in the scheduler run again, I need to manually in blueprism control room make an update to the schedules with the server running at all times. I can end and restart the automate.exe instance any number of times as long as the server is running. So I think this is a BPServer related problem. This is a problem because in a real environment, servers can be rebooted and they will be rebooted, as an automation we want the minimum of human participation as possible in the process. And with this problem a simple reboot will make the scheduler fail. So my questions are if there is a configuration im missing, and why this is happening? Can it be solve? Note: The logs in the Scheduler says:  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Thanks a lot for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
A better simulation would be to restart the Windows service rather than BPServer.exe itself. Or better still, actually reboot the server to test it for real.

Andres_FelipeRo
Level 2
Hello John, thanks for your suggestion. I actually did all of what you suggested. Same result. Looking in more detail, the windows event viewer says when this happens that it cant start session on the resource automate.exe.   Any idea why this may be happening?

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Could it be that the resources are not yet available after the server restart? The restart will force everybody offline and it will take some time for everything to reconnect. Maybe the scheduler is starting too soon?

PaulWiatroski
Level 4
I had a similar issue, I restarted the BOT VDI and the scheduler started working again.

GongyunWang
Level 2
I had a similar issue. Scheduler are not executing after we updateing our APserver and Interactive Client from 5.0.30 to 6.2 version. We had the same logs in the scheduler: ""Object reference not set to an instance of an object"" Yesterday, we made tasks in the scheduler run again by manually selecting ""run now"" in scheduler. After that all tasks seems can be automatically started by scheduler again. But today's morning, the issue occurred again. And as we did yesterday ,we have to starte a task by selecting ""run now"" in scheduler to solve the issue. Could you please let me know why this is happening? Is this a version up related issue?(Haven't seem this before the version up) Thank you for your help.  

Hello,  The same issue happened to us also. It seems that this is a bug in v6.2 and the workaround is clicking ""Run Now"" for an arbitrary schedule then all of the schedules worked fine here. However, you need to click ""Run Now"" after every BPServer restart or try not to restart BPServer at all.

WilliamLawrence
Level 3
We had the same issue with the message ""Object reference not set to an instance of an object"" after creating a new schedule and restarting the App Server and associated services. One work around until BP comes up with a fix is to manually update the schedule and all tasks under the schedule again. This would make the schedules running again automatically. But we had an instance where only one of the tasks under the schedule where updated and the Bot picked up only that task while it skipped all the other tasks under the same schedule, and no errors were reported in this case.
William Lawrence Sr. Automation Developer/Controller Equitable Life of Canada Waterloo, Ontario, Canada +1 289 980 6526