cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler not working

Mohd_Daud2
Level 4
Hi, I have published a process on my machine and Scheduled it by a task to some time to run on same machine. The process however didn't run on the specified time. Does scheduler not work on the same machine ? I have followed all the steps mentioned in the tutorials. Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Yes but you need to have BP Server (aka application server) running and your machine connected to the DB via BP Server, not directly to the DB.

charanjiv_janju
Level 2
Hi, We are using version 5.0.12 and have setup BluePrism with dedicated Application Server and Database Server. We have enabled the scheduler, created required tasks. But scheduler is not running as it should be. It does triggers the schedule but fails with an error ""threw an exception: Resource ******* : Timed out waiting for valid connection"" wereas the resource is available. If we run the process via control room it works. Following steps were tried. 1. Closing the resource and launching it again 2. Recreating Schedule on Server 3. Restarting Application Server from the above the last one worked for sometime and again we are having the same issue. Does anyone has a solution or workaround since we don't want to upgrade from this version.

mathieu_belin
Level 2
how the Blue Prism Client is executed on the Runtime Resource ? I read in the documentation that we have to execute Blue Prism using a command line with specific arguments

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There are lots of factors that you need to ensure are set up correctly within your environment. Your starting point is to experiment with the 'Run Now' option in your schedular to test it works, check the Windows Event logs on both the Application Server machine and the resourcepc machine for any errors that may help you. Ensure the Application Server is able to connect to the ResourcePC. Ensure your ResourcePC is running as /public (and there is not someone physically logged into the Blue Prism GUI with the resoruce engine running)..

RomelDumusmog
Level 2
Hi I have the same problem, I already apply all the required set up(App Server [My Local Machine], Client Machine [VM that directly connected to App Server thru TCP config], Blue Prism Service is running) but the task I created is always terminated everytime it runs on it's expected time and the reason is ""Resource in not Available, the state given was: InUse"" I'm confuse because on the Control room, the status of the resource where I schedule the process to run is ""Connected"" not ""InUse"". Hope someone can help me on this problem. Thanks

AntonioGiordano
Level 3
Hi everyone,   I got the same issue.  Problem: Any scheduled process running even when I right click on the scheduled process and press ""Run Now"" (nothing happens). Settings: -BP V6.2 -Entreprise license -App Server running and no GUI on the ressource engine. -Ressource engine available on the control room. It is running properly when I launch the process manually from control room.

AntonioGiordano
Level 3
Hi everyone,   I got the same issue.  Problem: Any scheduled process running even when I right click on the scheduled process and press ""Run Now"" (nothing happens). Settings: -BP V6.2 -Entreprise license -App Server running and no GUI on the ressource engine. -Ressource engine available on the control room. It is running properly when I launch the process manually from control room.