cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Option in combobox

polinenileela_b
Level 4
Hi, In my object studio I can go until combo box and select item from dropdown, but I am unable to click it, tried several ways but not working out, Can any of u please help with it? Thanks Leela
6 REPLIES 6

KamilKrasoń
Level 3
Hey,i We've had the same problem. Unfortunately we didn't find any elegant solution. I'm pretty sure you can use ""Invoke Javascript function/script"" on generic JS dropdown functionality - but I don't know how exactly do that. The solution that works is sending global mouse clicks at exact position of dropodown items (you need to spy combobox as a AA object first). To do that just create a ""List Region"" in Region mode. Then you can global mouse click at desired field of spied region (they have consecutive ID's starting from ""1"")

Hi Krason, thanks, I have found solution, spy drop down and use action global mouse click centre , drag root element use global send keys action, put Inputs (what ever element in combo box u want to use) , again drag root element use global send keys action enter Value as ""Enter"" (as in key board want to click enter , )then try to run .. It works 🙂 cheers Leela

KamilKrasoń
Level 3
Hey, I've tried that at the beggining - unfortunately using global send keys is not very reliable - sometimes send keys are not recognized by dropdown list.

KamilKrasoń
Level 3
Hey, I've tried that at the beggining - unfortunately using global send keys is not very reliable - sometimes send keys are not recognized by dropdown list.

polinenileela_b
Level 4
Hi Krason, Yes its not working Properly, I have did other way again... now its working, First use Mouse click center for Selecting dropdown(use ""left"" text for mouse click ), after drag root element and use global send keys put the value ( option u want to select from combo box), and add one more navigate there again drag your dropdown element and action as select Item, put value you want to select and the item position of that there keep a wait then again drag ur dropdown and action as global mouseclickcenter and value as ""Left"" ----It worked now for me.. Hope its helpful.... Thanks Leela

JorgeFernandez
Level 2
Hi, I have a new solution for this problem: 1- Mouse click center for Selecting combobox 2- Send CTRL +A with global send keys 3 - Send value That work for me. Thanks Jorge Fernandez