cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection is not working after relaunching the blue Prism

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi All, I am using the Active Accessibility mode for spying an element and able to highlight once it is identified. But if I close everything(RPA and IE browser) and again try to Lunch the process it does not work. I am not sure if I am missing anything here. Also tried with other spy tool but no success. Please help me on same.   Thanks Ritesh
3 REPLIES 3

AmiBarrett
Level 12
It's possible that the AA element is being rendered in a different order than it was before. This could affect the Ancestor Count, Ancestors Text and Match Index values from what you have currently selected. Try removing as many filters as you can get away with, and it will (usually) speed up the matching while increasing reliability. One quick and easy way to see what's changed without breaking anything, is to add a child element and respy it after the initial one is no longer working. Apply all of the same filters (Do this manually rather than copy/pasting the mask, as that may overwrite some of the new data), then sort by the checkboxes as you currently are. Click between the two elements and it should become apparent what's changed and what's reliable.

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Hi amibarrett, Thank you for your reply! I did some comparison of spying same element  in two days (today and yesterday )  Here, as predefined date populates in the date field(today-1) which trying to spy hence I am using the Match type to dynamic for making it generic. Please refer the attached print screenshot for both days and I am not getting any difference in both element. Kindly suggest if there is a way to handle the same.   THanks  Ritesh Handa  

RiteshHanda
Level 3
Missed today spy printscreen