cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send outlook mail using other Mail ID

KirtishTrivedi
Level 5
Hi Team,

I have a requirement of sending email from HR id. Currently email is being sent from Windows logged in ID which is my Robot account ID.

Hence in PROD, BOT is logging through robot id and also mails are being sent using ROBOT id but we need to send using generic HR id. Could someone please guide how to achieve this ?

------------------------------
Kirtish Trivedi
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Kirtish,

Can you tell us which VBO are you using to send email to help you better?

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. RPA Consultant-Automation Developer

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Kirtish Trivedi,

The MS Outlook VBO only sends email based on the available accounts that are configured within the local Outlook instance on the runtime resource. The MS Graph API - Outlook ​could be used to send email on behalf of another use so long as the account you use to authenticate/authorize with has the proper permissions within Azure AD to perform actions for others (ex a service account or delegate).

Google GMail can do this too. Similar requirements to the Outlook Graph integration apply. The service account you use to login must have permissions to act as a delegate for the specific user.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks Eric for the suggestion. 

Is it possible to configure the resource outlook with other user account and use MS Outlook VBO to send mail using the signed in account?

Sahana Mohan
Solution Designer
Blueprism
Sahana Mohan Lead Software Engineer SS&C Blue Prism

@sahana mohan,

Yes, it's possible to add additional accounts to your local Outlook instance (ex. another user or a Shared Mailbox address)​ and then send emails from that account using the VBO.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi @ewilson,

Thanks for your response !!

I am using Email- POP3/SMTP VBO for sending outlook mail . I have below details with me

generic ID
Generic ID password
SMPT server
Port number​

But still I am getting error as "Client was not authenticated to send Anonymous mail during send FROM"

Kirtish Trivedi

Hi Kirtish,

SMTP/POP3 VBO :
You should have access to Shared mailbox (in this case it is HR mailbox).

Graph API:
You should have access to shared mailbox (in this case it is HR mailbox).

OUTLOOK VBO:
To use outlook VBO, you have to perform following actions.

1. Create Profile for desired mailbox(HR Mail Box) in outlook app on server. Person should have access to HR Mail Box.
2. Outlook settings should set to "Ask for Profile" on launch.
2. You need to create new VBO to launch the Outlook App.
3. VBO should have actions for selection of Outlook Profile and entering the credentials if required.(in most case it will).
4. Now you can use the Outlook VBO to read/send the email for shared mailbox(HR mailbox).

Hope it helps.

amol jangam
test lead
infosys
Asia/Dili

@Kirtish Trivedi,

Can you explain what you mean by "generic ID" and "generic ID password"?​ Is this user information for an actual user account configured on AD/Exchange?

From what I've seen, the error you're seeing can be tied to a few things:
  • The username and/or password are incorrect.
  • A value for the user password was not supplied.
  • The permission settings on the user account are incompatible with sending email.
Cheers,

Eric Wilson

Hi Eric,

I have to Get the mail having specific subject from Shared Mailbox. Can you please guide how to add additional accounts to the local outlook instance.

Regards,

Sakshi

Sakshi Shivhare
Application Development Senior Analyst
Accenture
Pune

Sakshi Shivhare - You need to raise request internally as per your org Process to add secondary account to your primary Mailbox ID. Once it is done. it is quite possible from MS outlook VBO to send mail from that ID.

Few days before - VBO has been updated to have input of send on behalf of as well.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-outlook-vbo

Neeraj Kumar