cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service management

EmersonF
MVP
Gentlemen, recently I came across a scenario from which I need to validate if a service was running and if the answer was negative, the automation would need to initialize this service, so I created a VBO for this to be resolved, so far everything was fine, it manages me return the list of services, but I can't start a service stopped due to lack of administrator permission, would there be any way to be able to grant the robot momentary permission through code?

------------------------------
Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
Recife
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil
1 BEST ANSWER

Helpful Answers

I'm not sure I follow. Are you asking about whether this would be rejected as a submission to the DX? If so, I don't think so. Ultimately it would go through our marketing and tech reviews. Unless they were not happy with it it should be fine.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @EmersonF,

I'm not sure how feasible this is. Within a code stage you can write code to launch a process and specify that it should be run as an administrator, but I believe that will cause the UAC dialog to pop-up. So you'd have to deal with that. 😞

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

So, I came looking for alternative solutions or maybe I found one, using the windows credentials pre-registered by the IT team or Server administrator so I would just call the CMD opening as adminsitrador by / runas and launch the command by the CMD to start the service, you see a compliance problem that Blue Prism's DX ime rejects this asset ?!

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55081988869544
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil

I'm not sure I follow. Are you asking about whether this would be rejected as a submission to the DX? If so, I don't think so. Ultimately it would go through our marketing and tech reviews. Unless they were not happy with it it should be fine.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Blue Prism

Oky, Thank you @ewilson, Soon another asset in the DX if all goes well!​

Emerson Ferreira
Sr Business Analyst
Avanade Brasil
+55081988869544