cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session Log not being written

StefanoPrevosti
Level 3
Hi,   I'm having issues with storing my Session Logs. When I try to view them, they are completely empty. I checked the SQL tables BPASessionLog_NonUnicode and BPASessionLog_Unicode, and they are completely empty as well. I tried to change my resource's Logging Level to Default, Key Stages and All Stages with no luck. In my process, if I check the box "Terminate the session when unrecoverable logging errors occur", I get the error message that you can read in the attached txt file.   Any insights?  
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Are you sure the process is actually able to create logs - is logging switched on in the diagram?

StefanoPrevosti
Level 3
Hi John,   Yes, logging is switched on. After some more research I believe that the problem is that I am using SQL Express 2005, since my colleagues don't have this issue in SQL Express 2014.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Perhaps you've hit the maximum DB size allowed by SQL Express? I think in 2005 it was 4GB.

StefanoPrevosti
Level 3
Nope, that's not it. I think the problem is with the query that Blue Prism uses to write the logs to SQL... apparently the syntax used is not compatible with SQL Express 2005.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Perhaps it's time to upgrade SQL Express then?

StefanoPrevosti
Level 3
Definitely :) But it's only the dev & test environment, the production environment will have a more recent SQL Express version.