cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Maximum Run Time for a Scheduled Process

Anonymous
Not applicable
As per title, just wondering if it is possible to set a maximum run time (e.g. 5 hours)? This is because we have process that interacts with SAP, and sometimes if SAP does not return a response due to server or connection issues, Blue Prism will get stuck at that stage indefinitely. Since server/connection issues are not very frequent, this issue can easily be solved if there is such a timeout setting. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

JohnTomkins
Staff
Staff
This would be something to use an environment variable for, for example a ""SAP timeout"" variable. You could even use a session variable or ""hard code"" it in the process, although probably not the best choice. It can't be specified in the Scheduler. Have the process check the current time vs the start time and if 5 hours have elapsed end the process. A feature added to Blue Prism, in 5.0.23 I think, allows you to set a timeout in application modeller that prevents Blue Prism from hanging like this.

JurajPalusek
Level 3
Hi John, I am facing the very similar issue with SAP. In my process all the SAP steps are done by code stages. I was testing the timeout function in application modeler and apparently it only works for ""Navigate, Read, Write"" stages. It doesnt work for Code stages. Is it somehow possible to replicate the same functionality of timeout also for code stages in BP? Thank you

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
The app modeller timeout is unconnected to code stages. If you write code that never completes (eg infinite loop) then the code stage will also be blocked. To achieve something similar in a code stage you'd probably have to use Thread to execute your code separately.

JurajPalusek
Level 3
Thanks Jon, will do so.