cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting of target resources dynamically in Active Queues depedning on number of pending items

InduValeti
Level 2
Is there a way to set the target resources count dynamically in Active Queues depending on number of pending Items??
2 REPLIES 2

NicholasZejdlik
Level 9
We ran into the same question, but unfortunately Active Queues do not seem to function in that way. I believe Blue Prism's intention was to include a dynamic queue function in the future. (As we are on version 5, I may be unaware if such a feature exists in version 6.) That being said, it is possible to control Blue Prism via the command line and the http interface, and work queue information can be queried via SQL. We were able to create a custom solution that launches processes on the robots based on the work queue status. It is possible to achieve what you're looking for, just not with the built-in control room features.

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi indudevi05 - unfortunately the short answer to your question is No. Changing the number of resources in active queues is a manual job (and yes I can see the irony).