cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SharePoint Interaction

DACADBSA
Level 3
Hello,

I currently have a process that needs to upload documents to SharePoint.  I have hit a few blockers in dealing with this.  So far I have tried the following;
  • Sync SharePoint to OneDrive and OneDrive to bot
    • Issue - Windows server 2012 does not allow cloud storage only and the C:\ is being filled with the mandatory local copies
  • Microsoft Graph API
    •  Issue - Open ended access to other SharePoints within the business, so refused API set up and use
  • Map as Network Drive
    • Issue - Unable to map.  Also with IE being decommissioned mapping would not work as the authentication token is generated through IE?

What I have had some success with (surprisingly) is opening the local .xlsx file that is to be uploaded, through the Excel VBO. Then use the Save As function from within the Excel VBO with the SharePoint URL as the "file path" input.  My issue now is that I need to create a new folder for each run of the process, to save the new files into.  I can't get anything to work in terms of creating a new folder in SharePoint.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  

Out of interest, how are other people handling SharePoint through Blue Prism?
2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
@Daniel Caddick,

Have you seen this Microsoft blog post regarding site collections and Sharepoint?

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/microsoft365dev/controlling-app-access-on-specific-sharepoint-site-collections/

Cheers,
Eric

Hi Daniel,

Good workaround so far, to help in the meantime with the workaround you could do the following to ease any manual handling.

Have a check at the start of the process to see if your 'temp folder' exists in the right place, if it doesn't then have the process create it for you.
Then the process runs as you have got it to save the file locally and then send it over to Sharepoint.
To cap it all off you can then delete the local file so you don't have to worry about local storage affecting your memory.

If you create 1 file path in Sharepoint and then when saving files include a time stamp of 'filename DD_MM_YYYY' or whatever date format suits, this should mean you need to make 1 manual file and then the process will dump them in there in the right order for you to track and group much easier.

Hope this helped,

Best Regards,

Ronan
Ronan Considine Senior Business Analyst Blue Prism