cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow performance when open and saving processes and objects

ErikStonebreake
Level 2
We have several teams (approximately 50 developers and testers) and we are experiencing slowness when opening and saving process and objects.  Opening can take a minute or more and saving takes longer.  This is adding up and starting to detract from their overall development.  Is this an issue related to the database needing some maintenance?  Is it because of the number of processes and/or users? Thanks, ~Erik
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Erik - it could be a few things: slow DB performance, slow network, large process/object, underpowered PC etc etc.

ErikStonebreake
Level 2
Thanks John, so I understand there are many facets to look at I was looking to see if there are any common things more centered around the database itself considering it's at the heart of everything.  For example are there any additional tunings or maintenance which need to be performed?  Is there a recommended purging strategy for log tables?  The servers themselves are running Win 2012 R2 w/2 cores and 8G RAM.  I've reached out to get more specifics about how the serves themselves are performing (memory and CPU utilization) to at least make sure they're working normally.  From here I'd start looking up the stack to the application server, network, etc.

SusheelMaurya
Level 3
I am facing similar problem, Blue Prism slowness issue on my local as well as on EE Cloud. It is taking 6-10 second to open any stages in BP. I created new database and tested with single process facing the same issue. Sometime getting 'generic error occurred in GDI+' error if stage is opened. I have attached the error screenshot.   Thanks, Susheel