cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some virtuel machine could not connect to BluePrism

KristianHolm1
Level 5
​Hi Blueprism we have an issue where 2 of 4 virtuelmachine could not connect to BluePrism. The problem is where the error is located.?
Is it the firewall
Some vpn connection
or maybe some thing else.

The infrastructure people in my company say it is blueprism there is not working, but i don't think that is the case.

Hope you can help. I have attached a file with details.

------------------------------
Kristian Holm
RPA programmer
PenSam (Pension Company)
Copenhagen Denmark
Kristian Holm RPA programmer PenSam (Pension Company) Copenhagen Denmark
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Kristian,

what is the server connection type chosen? is it transport encryption or message encryption?

the security negotiation timeout can be caused by different factors. Network , cypher suits available on the VM, TLS version supported on the VM, 

Best way to start troubleshooting is to compare the blueprism configuration on working and non working VMs "C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3\Automate.config" 
Also
Perform a Test-connection using powershell to the server on port 8199 (in your error screenshot the port binding is 8199) or do a telnet from CMD on port 8199 to the server penXXX.pensam.dk ((telnet may not be readily available you might need to enable it )if the connection goes through you can confirm there is nothing wrong with network.

and compare the registry keys on working and non working VMs

Registry Keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

boiko
Staff
Staff
Good day Kristian,

If two machines are working out of 4, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem from a Blue Prism side, but probably misconfiguration of other two clients which showing this error attached. First thing I would advise you to check configuration of the client and make sure that it's pointing to the correct application server and the connection mode reflects the same and working and not working machines.

Regards,

Tomas Boiko
Software support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London

Can you try reconfiguring blueprism( reinstall if possible) . Generally if your blueprism server setup is correct then we need to look at the machines configuration.

MuraliKrishna
RPA Consultant

JerinJose
Level 10
Hi Kristian,

what is the server connection type chosen? is it transport encryption or message encryption?

the security negotiation timeout can be caused by different factors. Network , cypher suits available on the VM, TLS version supported on the VM, 

Best way to start troubleshooting is to compare the blueprism configuration on working and non working VMs "C:\ProgramData\Blue Prism Limited\Automate V3\Automate.config" 
Also
Perform a Test-connection using powershell to the server on port 8199 (in your error screenshot the port binding is 8199) or do a telnet from CMD on port 8199 to the server penXXX.pensam.dk ((telnet may not be readily available you might need to enable it )if the connection goes through you can confirm there is nothing wrong with network.

and compare the registry keys on working and non working VMs

Registry Keys
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Client
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols\TLS 1.2\Server
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\WinHttp
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework\v4.0.30319

Jerin Jose
Technical Product Owner
EY
Asia/Kolkata
*"If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer, .*

Hi Jerin Jose I have been troubleshooting the virtuel machine and can see that two of the machine can't connect to port 8199.

In regedit it looks like standard where data say that the value isen't defined.
20426.png

20427.png

The problem is what to do next, and what could be the error:

1. Firewall
  2. Some safety features
  3. Port 8199 is somehow closed for two virtuel machine
  4. Or maybe something else

Hope you have a great idee. Thanks for your corporation. For your information I don't have access to windows/system32/config/ where data is located.

Kristian Holm
RPA programmer
PenSam (Pension Company)
Copenhagen Denmark
Kristian Holm RPA programmer PenSam (Pension Company) Copenhagen Denmark

Good morning Kristian,

I think at this stage you need to contact your IT department who will help you with troubleshooting closed ports between the machines. It must be some firewall misconfiguration, but we don't know as we can see whole picture of your setup, as you've already mentioned VPN etc.

Regards,

Tomas

Tomas Boiko
Software support Engineer
Blue Prism
Europe/London