cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification of Total Work Time of a Work Queue Item

C_Spranger
Level 3
Where can I find the specification of 'Total Work Time' of a work queue item?
How is to affected by releasing the lock after "Get Next Item" and then locking it later again by "Get Next Item"?

------------------------------
C. Spranger
Developer
Europe/Berlin
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
Hello Spranger

Blue Prism uses the Start Time of the 'Get Next Item' action and the End Time of the 'Mark As Completed' action to calculate the Total Work Time.

In other words, when a Work Queue Item is taken using the 'Get Next Item' action, this time is recorded in the BPASessionLog table and the value is then used by the BPAWorkQueueItem table to calculate the Total Work Time.

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KaranSareen
Staff
Staff
Hello Spranger

Blue Prism uses the Start Time of the 'Get Next Item' action and the End Time of the 'Mark As Completed' action to calculate the Total Work Time.

In other words, when a Work Queue Item is taken using the 'Get Next Item' action, this time is recorded in the BPASessionLog table and the value is then used by the BPAWorkQueueItem table to calculate the Total Work Time.

Karan Sareen
Solution Support Engineer
Blueprism
Australia/Sydney

Hello Karan,

Correct me if I am wrong: in case of the queue element has different status and "Get Next Item" on that element is used more than once, the "Total Work Time" value is just for the last "Get Next Item" to "Complete" status? 

If the Queue element is "Unlocked" instead "Completed", the "Total Work Time" is overwritten by the next "Get Next Item" action?

If yes, what do you suggest to get the 'real' "Total Work Time" value? (eg.: "Get Next Item" -> "Unlock" -> "Get Next Item" -> "Completed")

Thanks,
Regards

Daniel Graditi
IT Consultant
everis
Europe/Rome

I believe the Unlock Item action simply does not update the work time. It removes the lock on the item without changing anything. If you want to retain the work time, use Defer instead. Get Next Item -> Defer -> Get Next Item -> Mark As Completed will count the time between Get Next Item and Defer, and between Get Next Item and Mark As Completed. For the Defer stage, use the expression Now() for the Until parameter if you want the item to be available immediately.

Nicholas Zejdlik
RPA Developer