cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Collection by row

vinodchinthakin
Level 9
Hi All,

I am looking for a solution to Split a collection by row. For Example  I have to split the collection of 15000 records to two collections each with 7500 records.
Do we have any customized code?

------------------------------
vinod chinthakindi
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hello @vinod chinthakindi,

Take a look at the Utility - Collection Manipulation VBO.​ It includes a Split Collection action. You can find the latest version on the DX at the link below:

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/utility---collection-manipulation

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi @ewilson. "Split Collection" action from above VBO helps to split collection based on Columns.(predefined in templates)
My requirement is to split collection based on Rows. ​
I have to split the collection of 15000 records to two collections each with 7500 records. Two collections has same columns.
Could you guide how it can help me. 
Thanks!

vinod chinthakindi

@vinod chinthakindi,

Ah, you are correct. Got ahead of myself. 😳 There are a couple ways you could do this based on rows. You could use the Copy Rows actions to copy the first half of the main collection into a new collection (Start Row = 0, Number of Rows to Copy = 7500) and then call it again with Start Row = 7500, Number of Rows to Copy = 7500).

Alternatively, you could use a Code stage in a VBO to split the underlying DataTable. The following article on Stackoverflow has some examples.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34663933/split-datatable-into-multiple-fixed-sized-tables

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Thanks Eric for sharing the article. I will give a try.

vinod chinthakindi