cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Collection in collection manipulation

AshvinPaisal
Level 2
Hi, how do i split collection in collection manipulation. what should i put in Collection 1, Collection2 Template and Collection 3 Template in Input and in out put tab what should i put in collection 2 and collection 3 Thanks. Ashvin
5 REPLIES 5

Mustafa_UlasYig
Level 6
Hi Paisal.Ashvin Let's say you have Collection 1 with 3 fields defined: Field1, Field2 & Field3, that you give as in input to ""Split Collection"" action (as Collection 1). Then you can split this collection in 2 collections, by: 1) Creating a collection in your process with Field1 defined, that you give as in input to ""Split Collection"" action (as Collection 2 Template) 2) Creating a collection in your process with Field2 & Field3 defined, that you give as in input to ""Split Collection"" action (as Collection 3 Template). This will then give you Collection 1 split into Collection 2 and Collection 3 as output to the ""Split Collection"" action. Good luck. BR, Mustafa

MeghalVasa
Level 3
Could you give a snapshot of the example as it is not clear what is to be written in Collection 2 Template & Collection 3 Template fields

MeghalVasa
Level 3
If I dont know column headers then How to define the split? Basically I just need to split my collection of 4 into 2 collections with 2 fields each.

AshishEasow
Staff
Staff
I used it sometime back, so you will have to check for accuracy. If your col 1 has columns, A, B,C, and if you want to plit them into 2 colls, say col 2, col3, then in templates use templates Col2 template (fields A,B), and Col 3 template (field C), with dummy rows, it will split the columns in 2 collection as the template you have given.

Hi,

Please were you able to work this out? I have a collection with 10 columns that I need to split with the first 2 columns in a new collection and the rest in another. I see the object but I do not know how to script the calc to split it. A snapshot would be great!

------------------------------
Denzil Afriyie
------------------------------