cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Excel's Records without header and get data into collection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,  I've a requirement of reading of data from Excel(without header) and storing each 100 records into new sheet. For doing this I'm using collections one Main collection and one temporary collection to store sub-set of data.  As Excel doesn't have a header, I'm facing an issue with count of rows I want to copy down to new sheet. i.e.When my object is running it is treating first row as a header record and starting copying records from 2nd row only.  Can anyone please help me to understand how to get rid of this issue without loosing first record? I've attached Excel format in screenshot.  
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
When problem solving interfaces it is always worth spending a bit of time looking at all the actions available to you in the MS Excel VBO object and the Utility objects.  If you do so you will usually find multiple ways to solve your own problem.  There is a 'Get Worksheet as Collection Offset' action in the Excel VBO you could use (it has an includes header input flag), or you could have continued as you were but use actions in the Collection VBO to make your header row a data row.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Denis,  Thanks for your response, I already tried with ""Get Worksheet as Collection Offset"" action wherein I can see all rows are getting into collection(suppose if excel have 100 rows all are getting transferred into collection), but when I'm trying to manipulate the resulted collection (i.e. either copy that data(entire/subset) into another collection) it's getting locked and Blueprism doesn't respond. So, I've to close down an entire instance. I've Blue Prism v5.0.18 installed on my machine. If you need my object for your reference, I can pass it to you. I've raised a ticket to have a look into my object to see if there is anything that is causing a deadlock.