cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splying works but Navigation task failed

SumanthB
Level 3
HI Team,

I am trying to automation the ComboBox selection in one of our Web Application. As this customized comboBox ,only region mode able to locate the controls.
Highlight portion is working fine, However, Global mouse center click or Click center none of them working, 

Bot is able to click on DropDown box but unable to click on the list items.

------------------------------
Sumanth B
Developer
Cognizant
4 REPLIES 4

BarryBell
Level 4
Hello Sumanth, Have you tried adding more actions to the same Navigation stage? Such as sending "global send keys" after you activate the combo box. You may be able to add a line to your current Nav stage and use "{TAB}>{TAB}" for example. 
16724.png

Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I think the Surface Automation training has some good pointers specifically for drop downs.  Generally speaking tabs, down keys, page downs,  typing word into box at various speeds (experiment), typing first character of word, etc. etc.. lots of thing you need to experiment with.  Every bespoke drop down is different.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Customer Success, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London

Thank you for your response.
It did not work through Image option and worked using Co-ordinate in region mode [Not sure if it is best practice]
However, I have another issue while automate this process.
I built this in one of VM Machines and it works only when I open the RDP server,if I minimize the RDP system then it stops moving to next step.
Am I missing anything here ?

Sumanth B
Developer
Cognizant

If you search for RDP in this forum will probably find lots and lots of threads that will answer that question for you.

RDP is a protocol designed and used for providing virtualized desktops to humans.  It is generally unsuitable for RPA purposes.  As soon as you minimise or close and RDP session the desktop screen no longer exists so any Image searching or Global interactions (global clicks etc) will no longer work.

There is a guide on this portal related to suitable remote access tools:  https://portal.blueprism.com/documents/v6-data-sheet-remote-access-tools  and the Blue Prism certified technical architects in your organisation (as a partner your org should have some) will know environment designs and not using RDP.

Denis Dennehy
Head of Customer Success, EMEA
Blue Prism Ltd
Europe/London