cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying export lists in Jasper reports

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have any tips on spying Export lists in Jasper reports? My organisation uses Jasper based report for much of our M.I. reporting. Export lists in Jasper are enabled by a cursor 'Hover Event' over an export button but I can't replicate that function using Blue Prism. If one clicks on the Export button, the export list options (allowing one to export out to .xls, .xlsx, .csv, & .pdf (amongst others)) disappear so the list can only be viewed when the mouse cursor is hovered over the Export buttons and then you have to move the cursor down to select the export type you want. I've tried spying in Win32, HTML and Accessibility modes but haven't been able to figure out the correct sequence to output a report to .xlsx format yet. I'm trying to avoid using Region mode because several dozen of our reports are built using Ad Hoc filters and link to different back ends and modelling each of these Ad Hoc reports would be a nightmare. Any help would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
This exact 'hover' issue has just been raised by another forum user. My response to that was: Details that are there when you hover are often there in the underlying HTML. Have you checked all the element attributes of that element to see if the additional details are in an attribute you are not currenty using (you can read attributes in a read stage). Get HTML is also available to you to get the underlying HTML. To check, try viewing the source of the HTML page in IE (i think you use developer tools for this) to see if the data exists in the underlying HTML - hopefully you will find something that looks like this: Hover over me Tooltip text If not, maybe contact your Blue Prism mentor/DEM for ideas about creating code to physically hover a mouse. Also... (!) if the data is not in the underlying HTML it may be worth experimenting with the drag option in the navigate stage for the windows interface.