cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spying web application pop-up windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in the process of modeling a web application and as part of the process pop-up windows are required for confirmation messages. However when I try to spy for the elements of the pop-up windows (using any of the spying techniques) I get the following error message: ----------------error message---------------------- There was an error during the spying operation. System.ApplicationException: The window spied was not found in the model    at BluePrism.AMI.clsAMI.Spy(clsElementTypeInfo& elementType, List`1& identifiers)    at AutomateUI.frmIntegrationAssistant.HandleSpyOrLaunchClick(Object sender, EventArgs e) ---------------------------------------------------------------- appreciate your help!
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Pop-ups are often Win32 elements belonging to a different iexplore.exe that the object is attached to. You may need to create a second object that attaches to IE using a different Child Index value in the Navigate stage.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please provide details explanation for spying Pop-up window errors or document of the process to spy pop-up