cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to run blue prism in foreground, background and exclusive mode

vinoth_kumaryuv
Level 3
Hi Team, I am trying to run two different process at the same time in foreground, back ground and exclusive modes alternatively (ex: one in foreground mode and other in back ground mode ) on same PC but I found that the blue prism runs similar (in foreground) in all three modes and there is no difference. So please tell me the steps to how to run the blue prism in foreground, back ground and exclusive modes and what type of process should be selected to run and do we need multiple resource PC's configured to run in these modes. Thanks Vinoth
1 REPLY 1

ArchiveUser
Level 4
It is up to you to decide if an object should run in exclusive, foreground or background mode. If an object manipulates user interface, it should be definitely set to exclusive or foreground mode. On the other hand, if an object executes all its actions in background and several instances can run in parallel, it might be set to run in background mode. This then allows you to run some processes in parallel on the same PC - i.e. you drag two processes on to the same PC in the control room and let them run at the same time. Also note that if a process uses an object that is set to run in exclusive mode, no other process will be able to run on the same PC at the same time. If you want to run several processes at the same time on the same PC, only one of the processes can use objects that run in the foreground mode, the remaining processes can only use objects that run in the background.