cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google chrome starts on background

Hi! I need some help with a issue that makes Blueprism cases fail. 
When Google Chrome starts, the application is launched on background, so it can't identificate navigator elements.
The process works with IBM AS400, that application keeps on foreground.

Thanks!

------------------------------
Evangelina Curró
RPA Developer
Mercantil Andina
Buenos Aires
2 REPLIES 2

Mukeshh_k
MVP

Hi @Evangelina Curró -  Let me know If my understanding is correct - There are two objects running in parallel - IBM AS400 and Web App on Chrome and when you are performing some actions on IBM AS400 which is in foreground - you have chrome running in the background as well and the bot needs to perform some actions on chrome but it fails because it does not see the chrome in the foreground ?

If yes then -either create an action as Activate or use navigate stage to activate the application : Spy the outer window of the chrome browser using Windows Spy Mode - Use Navigate Stage and set it to Activate Application. Use this activate application action before performing any other actions to ensure that the screen is visible and is set at foreground.

Similarly do it for the AS400 Window - using windows spy mode. Use the activate action in both of the objects - so that it can activate the required window at the time of performing the actions.

13277.png

Kindly up vote this as "Best Answer" if it adds value or resolves your query in anyway possible, happy to help.

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar - Senior Automation Developer

NHS, England, United Kingdom, GB

Regards,

Mukesh Kumar

jsantiago08
Level 4

You can stop Chrome from running in the background.

1. Open the Chrome menu.
2. Select Settings
3. In the sidebar of the settings page click the 'Advanced' heading
4. Click the section named 'System'
5. Slide the "Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed" toggle to off

Jerome Santiago