cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface Automation technique for Virtual Desktop

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
  I have a requirement of automating couple of activities on the remote machine which I connect through Windows Remote Desktop manager(mstsc.exe)   I tried to create a VBO for mstsc.exe and pass the server name as arguments. Hence I chosen the VBO as windows application first and then in the application modeller I tried to spy the server name input box but identify button is not disabled after launch and only after supplying the server name and clicking on submit in Remote desktop manager, identify button in the application modeller is getting enabled. Any idea how to spy the remote desktop manager dialog box thus passing server name dynamic?   I also thought of passing the arguments/switches in the application wizard through which we can launch but the server name will change everytime and hence I want the server names to be dynamic.
2 REPLIES 2

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Try changing the Application Manager mode. I got it to work with 'External OS Size'

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Thanks John, I have tried by attaching the dialog box by attaching the process name.